This week’s flagged reading include articles on how to break smart phone addiction.
I found myself using my smart phone to waste more and more time recently, and I decided to take an active role in breaking that cycle. These are the tips that helped the most.
- This article has some great links for helpers. It was a big help to notice how much time I was spending in time wasting! How to Break Your Smartphone Addiction
- Web MD talks about weaning ourselves off. Smartphone Addiction: Managing Your Phone Usage Time
- One of the things I liked in this article was the reminder that I can take photos without having to process them right away. How To Break Your Smartphone Addiction – Without Going Cold Turkey
- This article had a very specific action: turn off the smart phone. But the other thing that intrigued me was having a separate device to do “positive” apps and keep them free from distraction. My mind went immediately to the iPod touch that I have that is just collecting dust. Smartphone addiction: how to reduce distractions and master your phoneTime Zillionaire
- I got some great tips from Stever’s podcast at Get-It-Done Guy : How to De-Addictify Your Technology. The first thing I did was learn how to flip my phone to black and white. It amazed me how much less likely I was to use the device when it is in this mode. The second was an empty home screen. Again, amazing results.
Like the articles? Share on Facebook, Twitter or others using the icons below.